Dog Daycare in Houston, TX
Does your dog love the dog park? Does he get tired of watching re-runs of soap operas while you are at work? Well, have we got news for you! Daydreams of play buddies become a reality at Urban Tails doggie daycare. Over 5,000 square feet of climate-controlled indoor play space is waiting for your dog. Our puppy huggers will make sure your dog's day is full of fun play with their dog buddies. At the end of the day, you pick up a pooped pooch that's ready to relax with you.
To enroll your dog and get him started playing, please call us at (713) 658-0900 or complete and submit the Pooch Personality Profile. You can bring that in, mail it, or fax it to (713) 658-0920. Then, we'll schedule a good time for you and your pet to come in for his social evaluation and to get comfortable with the facility prior to their first play day. You'll need to plan about an hour for this initial enrollment visit.
All of our applicant dogs must pass a social evaluation. The goals of the evaluation are:
- To help us determine if daycare is right for you and your dog.
- To help us know which play buddies your dog will have the most fun with and match him up in the best playroom for him.
- To learn a lot about your dog and how we operate. We feel this is important so you understand why we do what we do. Even more importantly, if your dog is not a good fit for daycare, you'll know why.
- To work out a "go forward" plan to help your dog resolve any issues, such as shyness.
Professional Pet Attendants
All dogs playing in our daycare are supervised 100% of the time by a Professional Pet Attendant. All Pet Attendants receive extended, supervised training prior to working with the dogs on their own. Additionally, they go through an intensive course on dog body language so that they expertly interpret what each dog is "saying." Animal care staff receive both internal and external continuing education to ensure that they are the very best Pet Attendants out there.
Tiny Tails. Tiny Tails Specialized Dog Daycare is designed especially for dogs 15 pounds and under that are too small to play in Small Tails Daycare. Tiny Tails includes 5 hours of daycare playtime and socialization on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. When not playing, the little guys will be resting in their own private loft.
Small Tails. Small Tails is our less intense and typically smaller dog playgroup.
Body Slammers. Body Slammers is for our high activity level and generally larger dogs.
Puppy Tails. Puppy Tails Wednesdays include 2-1/2 hours of supervised playtime with other puppies up to 6 months of age. When they are not playing, puppies will be busy sleeping and growing in their own private loft. Activities include playing with their puppy buddies and puppy toys, watching movies, chasing bubbles and lots of hands-on hugs from the supervising Pet Attendants.
Daycare Age Guide
What's the right age to start doggie daycare?
- Generally, we find that 4-1/2-5 months is the right age for larger breeds, such as Labradors and bigger.
- Smaller dogs seem to do well at a slightly earlier age, as do the herding and working breeds.
- If you think your dog is ready, we'll be happy to do a social evaluation to find out.
- If we feel your dog needs just a little more time to grow up, we can always take them in our specialized Puppy Tails daycare just for puppies.
- Another option is our puppy day lodging and socializing or our on-site potty program.